Courtesy of CMHA National:
This year’s theme for Mental Health Week, MY STORY, aims to shine a spotlight on community mental health care champions, programs and communities while showcasing the importance of securing universal mental health care.
We all have mental health which means we all have different, yet equally valuable stories to share. Let’s harness the power of storytelling to build connections and understanding!
How to get involved:
- Listen and support those who share their story with you, there is vulnerability, strength and benefits in these interactions;
- Share your story with someone close to you, this helps destigmatize the mental health conversation;
- Learn about different types of mental health supports and how they can be used to support you or someone in your community;
- Understand (the differences between) mental health and mental illness;
- Share a message of thanks to a community program or person who has helped you in your mental health journey.
Don’t forget to connect with us on social media with the hashtags #MyStory and #MentalHealthWeek.
To learn more about Mental Health Week 2023 and download the toolkit, visit www.mentalhealthweek.ca