We envision a community that values everyone’s human dignity and mental health.
• To offer evidence-informed services for individuals experiencing serious mental illness;
• To promote positive mental health for the broader population; and
• To promote an integrated system of mental health services in collaboration with clients, families, service providers, and other stakeholders.
Our Core Values
- Social Justice
The equality of all individuals; fairness, individual rights, freedom of choice, and privacy.
- Self Determination
The rights of individuals to be involved in all choices that affect them.
Quality, consistency, continuous improvement, and excellence in services and organization administration.
The development, encouragement and support of consumers and their families, of our staff, volunteers and leaders in support of our mission.
- Individual and Collective Responsibility
To inform, educate and support our community in the understanding and prevention of mental illness, the reduction of stigma and the promotion of good mental health.
- Inclusion and Participation
To ensure that the individuals for whom our services are intended have the knowledge, experience and ability to contribute significantly to the development of the services, the process by which they are provided, and their outcomes.
- Organizational Responsibility
At CMHA Ottawa, we offer a safe, nurturing and accessible environment that strives for excellence, appreciates diversity, and provides opportunity for development and personal growth. We recognize that our greatest resource is the people we serve, our staff and our volunteers.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, our offices at 311 McArthur Avenue will remain closed to all visitors until further notice.
Veuillez noter qu'en raison de COVID-19, nos bureaux au 311, avenue McArthur resteront fermés à tous les visiteurs jusqu'à nouvel ordre.