The following resources are for caregivers and parents of young children amid COVID-19
- CMHO (Children’s Mental Health Ontario) Back-To-School Mental Health Kit
While back-to-school is hard for most children and youth in a normal year, this year our kids are facing extraordinary circumstances relating to the pandemic and infection control measures. Parents are experiencing unprecedented stress and are worried about their kids’ mental wellness.
To help, Children’s Mental Health Ontario (CMHO) has prepared a Back-to-School Mental Health Kit. Its purpose is to empower families who are concerned about their child’s mental health and help you find further mental health supports if you need them.
- CMHO COVID-19 resources for families
- Ontario Ministry of Health: COVID-19 Fact Sheet: Talking to Children About the Pandemic: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/2019_talking_children_guidance.pdf
- COVID-19 ‘coronavirus’ – an illustrated guide for kids with questions: https://archive.org/details/covid19bw/mode/2up
- https://www.tarabrach.com/pandemic/ — meditation – pathways to calm, clarity and openheartedness.
- Check out the Ontario Caregiver Organization’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage here: https://ontariocaregiver.ca/covid-19/
- Ottawa Public Health — Mental Health Caregiver Guide: Ottawa Public Health (OPH) has partnered with the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), the Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA), Military Family Services (MFS), and the Mental Illness Caregivers Association (MICA) to develop a national resource for Canadian caregivers of children, youth, adults, and older adults facing mental illness or experiencing mental health challenges.