About the Course
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a collaborative conversation style for strengthening a person’s own motivation and commitment to change. Develop the spirit and practice of MI designed to explore and resolve ambivalence to change.
Watch this short video to give you a taste of what Motivational Interviewing is – watch now
- Define what Motivational Interviewing is
- Understanding the Motivational Interviewing Spirit
- Understanding the Four Processes: Engaging, Focusing, Evoking, and Planning
- Recognizing and responding to Change Talk
- Practicing and applying core skills: Open Questions, Affirmations, Reflections, Summaries
People working in mental health and/or addictions field
Duration: 2 Days
Location: CMHA Ottawa, 311 McArthur Ave
Training Room: Basement Level
- March 26-27th, 2020
- May 7-8th, 2020
For additional questions or information please contact our Learning & Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 613-737-7791 ext. 217.