At this time all spring training events have been CANCELLED until further notice.
We are in the process of converting many of our programs to a webinar style class and will open registration in early June 2020. Please note that any training programs we run in the fall, will be done so in a virtual online environment and access to a computer with sound and video is required. When our training programs return to a physical classroom over time, we will alert all participants of any changes to their registrations.
About the Course
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a collaborative conversation style for strengthening a person’s own motivation and commitment to change. Develop the spirit and practice of MI designed to explore and resolve ambivalence to change.
Watch this short video to give you a taste of what Motivational Interviewing is – watch now
- Define what Motivational Interviewing is
- Understanding the Motivational Interviewing Spirit
- Understanding the Four Processes: Engaging, Focusing, Evoking, and Planning
- Recognizing and responding to Change Talk
- Practicing and applying core skills: Open Questions, Affirmations, Reflections, Summaries
People working in mental health and/or addictions field
Duration: 2 Days
Location: Virtual Learning Environment (Zoom)
Training Room: Zoom Webinar
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- September 24th – 25th, 2020
- November 26th – 27th, 2020
- February 25th – 26th, 2021
- April 15th – 16th, 2021
- June 3rd – 4th, 2021
For additional questions or information please contact our Learning & Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 613-737-7791 ext. 217.