CMHA Ottawa has updated the majority of our programs to be delivered via a virtual platform during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be releasing training dates and other updates during 2021-22 as we progress with new information.
We are currently releasing the fall 2021 schedule for online registrations NOW OPEN. Winter/Spring registration will open in fall of 2021 and information on virtual or classrooms sessions will be updated at that time.
Please note that any training programs we run at this time, will be done so in a virtual online environment and access to a computer with sound and video is required. We encourage participants to download the Ring Central Meetings Application (powered by Zoom) in advance of their session. Get the download HERE.
About the Course
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a collaborative conversation style for strengthening a person’s own motivation and commitment to change. Develop the spirit and practice of MI designed to explore and resolve ambivalence to change.
Watch this short video to give you a taste of what Motivational Interviewing is – watch now
- Define what Motivational Interviewing is
- Understanding the Motivational Interviewing Spirit
- Understanding the Four Processes: Engaging, Focusing, Evoking, and Planning
- Recognizing and responding to Change Talk
- Practicing and applying core skills: Open Questions, Affirmations, Reflections, Summaries
People working in mental health and/or addictions field
Duration: 1 Day (over 2 half days)
Location: Virtual Learning Environment (powered by Zoom)
Training Room: Ring Central Meetings – Zoom Webinar
Time: 9:00am – 1:30pm
FALL 2021 PROGRAM DATES
Fall One Session (you must complete both half days)
- Day 1 (Part 1): September 23rd @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM
- Day 1 (Part 2): September 29th @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM (this date has been updated due to CMHA Ottawa being closed on Sept 30th, in honor of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation)
Fall Two Session (you must complete both half days)
- Day 1 (Part 1): October 19th @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM
- Day 1 (Part 2): October 26th @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM
Fall Three Session (you must complete both half days)
- Day 1 (Part 1): December 2nd @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM
- Day 1 (Part 2): December 9th @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM
For additional questions or information please contact our Learning & Development team at email@example.com or call us at 613-737-7791 ext. 217.