We have released the 2022-23 schedule for all our programs and registration is NOW OPEN. Please note that some training events will be held in person at CMHA Ottawa and at this time we ask you read and follow the COVID protocols outlined on the program section of this website below.
Please note that training programs which are run in a virtual online environment requires access to a computer with sound and video is required. We encourage participants to download the Zoom Client in advance of their session. Get the download HERE.
When selecting the program you wish to register for, please ensure you have picked your preferred learning environment (in person or virtual) from the options outlined below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience.
About the Course
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is a collaborative conversation style for strengthening a person’s own motivation and commitment to change. Develop the spirit and practice of MI designed to explore and resolve ambivalence to change.
Watch this short video to give you a taste of what Motivational Interviewing is – watch now
- Define what Motivational Interviewing is
- Understanding the Motivational Interviewing Spirit
- Understanding the Four Processes: Engaging, Focusing, Evoking, and Planning
- Recognizing and responding to Change Talk
- Practicing and applying core skills: Open Questions, Affirmations, Reflections, Summaries
- Adults 18+
- People working in mental health and/or addictions field
Course Details – VIRTUAL
Fall Session VIRTUAL (you must complete both half days)
- Fall (Part 1): November 15th, 2022 @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM
- Fall (Part 2): November 22nd, 2022 @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM
Winter Session VIRTUAL (you must complete both half days)
- Winter (Part 1): February 28th, 2023 @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM
- Winter (Part 2): March 7th, 2023 @ 9:00AM – 1:30PM
Duration: 2 Half Days
Location: Zoom Virtual Platform
Time: 9:00am – 1:30pm
Course Details – IN PERSON
Fall Session IN PERSON
- Fall (Part 1): September 21st, 2022 @ 9:00AM – 4:30PM
- Fall (Part 2): September 22nd, 2022 @ 9:00AM – 4:30PM
Winter Session IN PERSON
- Winter (Part 1): March 30th, 2023 @ 9:00AM – 4:30PM
- Winter (Part 2): March 31st, 2023 @ 9:00AM – 4:30PM
Spring Session IN PERSON
- Spring (Part 1): June 7th, 2023 @ 9:00AM – 4:30PM
- Spring (Part 2): June 8th, 2023 @ 9:00AM – 4:30PM
Duration: 2 Days (must attend both days for a completion certificate)
Location: 311 McArthur Ave, Lower Level
Training Room: Basement Training Space
Time: 9:00 – 4:30PM
***Please note the session you have registered for will be held IN PERSON.
At this time, we have lifted most of the COVID restrictions in the classroom, however if the situation changes, we will make you aware of any necessary COVID protocols prior to your event. Please note, we are asking participants to maintain distancing while in class as much as possible.
If you are feeling sick, have any symptoms or think you MAY have COVID, please do not attend training and the Learning & Development team will work with you to transfer or refund your registration.
For additional questions or information please contact our Learning & Development team at email@example.com or call us at 613-737-7791 ext. 217.