About the Course
Mental Health Works is a nationally available program of the Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario Division, that builds capacity within organizations to effectively address the many issues related to mental health in the workplace.
If you would like to request a Mental Health Works session, please fill out our online request form.
*Each workshop will have different learning objectives based on the selected duration and topics listed below.
A psychologically healthy work environment supports employee engagement, worker health and well-being, recruitment and retention, productivity, effective risk management and corporate social responsibility. Everyone in the workplace, at all levels, positions and roles can benefit from raised awareness and deepened understanding of the issues to build capacity for creating a psychologically healthy and safe workplace.
- Senior, middle management, union representatives HR personnel, employees/colleagues
- Supervisors and managers play a pivotal role in employee success. MHW can assist with increasing their capacity by offering workshops to equip with the awareness, understanding and tools they need to have effective conversations when employees are struggling.
- MHW also offers workshops for employees to assist then in understanding their own mental health concerns, those of their colleagues and how to get support.
Duration, time and cost will vary depending on the type of Mental Health Works program you choose for your group or organization. This information will be determined during the training request stage. Most topics are available in both English and French – those marked with an * indicate English only at this time.
Our award-winning multimedia presentations range from 1-1.5 hours to full-day interactive sessions with exercises and group discussion. To read more detailed descriptions of each topic and to view the session objectives please feel free to download a copy of the 2020-2021 Program Catalog. View/download PDF: MHW Product Suite Catalog 2020-2021
MHW Essentials: 1 – 1.5 Hour Presentation (up to 20 people)
Choose ONE topic from:
- Mental Health at Work
- Mood & depression
- Stress & anxiety
- Psychological health & safety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and operational stress injury *
- Substance use and addictions
- Traumatic stress and compassion fatigue
- Isolation and loneliness
- Health anxiety
- Mindfulness at work
- Mental health and telework
- Mental health for frontline staff *
- Mental health for telehealth *
MHW – Half-Day Workshop Option (up to 20 people)
This workshop will be a 3 hour session with a break mid-way for 10-15 minutes. Please choose TWO of the topics from the Essentials list above.
AVAILABLE ON DEMAND. If you would like to run this program for your group or organization, please complete the training request form and someone from our team will get back to you!
For additional questions or information please contact our Learning & Development team at email@example.com or call us at 613-737-7791 ext. 217.
About Mental Health Works
Mental Health Works is a social enterprise of the Canadian Mental Health Association Ontario Division. CMHA is one of the oldest continuing nation-wide charitable health organizations in Canada. We are person-centered, evidence-based, and solutions-focused. Our mission is to make mental health work for employers and employees from coast to coast, in both English and French.