CMHA Ottawa works to influence change that will improve the social determinants of health, including income, employment, housing, social inclusion, and culture and language for persons with serious mental illness. The branch participates and provides leadership in numerous partnerships, coalitions, advisory committees and working groups including:
- Ottawa Suicide Prevention Network
- Alliance to End Homelessness
- Supportive Housing Network
- Table de Planification francophone,
- Ottawa Developmental Network Services
- Champlain Human Services & Justice Coordinating Committee
- Mental Health Community Support Services
- CMHA Ontario Executive Directors network
Our Public Education program promotes awareness and reduces stigma around mental illness through developing and providing education and programming.
We provide skill development workshops on topics like the myths and realities of mental illness, suicide intervention, and mental health in the workplace, in order to increase the public’s awareness of mental health and mental illness.
See the Training section for more information on all workshops offered.
CMHA Ottawa holds events during Mental Health Week in May and Mental Health Awareness Week in October. We also promote awareness of mental health related issues in the media to fight the stigma of mental illness.