About the Course
This 4-day course is an advanced interactive workshop building on the principles, skills and methods of Motivational Interviewing (MI) to help individuals move towards positive changes. Develop the spirit and practice of MI designed to explore and resolve ambivalence to change.
Pre-Requisite: Requires completion of Motivational Interviewing Level I
- Review of Definition of Motivational Interviewing
- Understanding MI Spirit
- Understanding the Four Processes: Engaging, Focusing, Evoking, and Planning
- Recognizing and Responding to Change Talk
- Practicing and Applying Core Skills: Open Questions, Affirmations, Reflections, Summaries
- Advanced practice of Core skills
People working in mental health and/or addictions field
Duration: 4 Days (over 4 months)
Location: CMHA Ottawa, 311 McArthur Ave
Training Room: Basement Level
Note: This is a 4-day advanced course offered over an extended period.
2020 Course (must complete all 4 days)
- March 6th
- April 17th
- May 15th
- June 12th
For additional questions or information please contact our Learning & Development team at email@example.com or call us at 613-737-7791 ext. 217.