CMHA Ottawa’s Recovery College is excited to partner with EBO to present three courses about financial wellness with guest presenter Soufiane Koussih, Facilitator, Personal Finance: I’m in charge / Formateur, Mes finances, mes choix.
EBO Financial Education Centre (formerly Entraide budgétaire Ottawa) works for and with individuals so they can tackle the economic challenges they face. EBO Centre is a budget counseling community service that was founded in 1979 by community advocates who wanted to pass on their knowledge to Ottawa residents. Today, this community involvement is still reflected in the organization’s day-to-day activities as it offers budget counselling, financial education and income tax services.
Week two: Credit: The more you know, the better
Participants in this course will learn how credit works and see how it fits into their budget. They’ll also understand responsible use of credit.
At the end of this unit, participants will be able to:
- Define what credit is
- Define what a credit rating, a credit score and a credit report are, and how the information in them can affect their reputation and ability to achieve their goals
- Describe the different types of credit
- List the pros and cons of credit cards
- Explain the cost of credit and how it works
- Explain how to use credit responsibly
For more information about EBO please visit: https://www.centre-ebo.com/?lang=en
To RSVP and get registered for this or any workshop, or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or discuss the opportunity with your worker.