About the Course
Developed by CMHA Ottawa, the training covers the characteristics of mental health and mental illness: recognizing the symptoms, associated risk factors, treatment protocols and how to respond to client needs in a supportive manner. The importance of maintaining stable housing, recovery concepts and community resources are also emphasized.
- Understand the characteristics of mental health and mental illness
- Know how to recognize the signs and symptoms of various mental illnesses, associated risk factors, treatment protocols and short-term client management
- Understand the importance of maintaining stable housing
- Understand recovery concepts
- Understand what community resources are available
Front line staff working within social services, health, and mental health agencies, police officers, counsellors, and community volunteers will all benefit from this training.
Duration: This workshop is designed as a full day session, however shorter condensed versions are available upon request.
Cost: varies based on course duration
AVAILABLE ON DEMAND. If you would like to run this program for your group or organization, please complete the training request form and someone from our team will get back to you!
For additional questions or information please contact our Learning & Development team at email@example.com or call us at 613-737-7791 ext 217