We envision a community which values everyone’s human dignity and mental health.
• To offer evidence-informed services for individuals experiencing serious mental illness;
• To promote positive mental health for the broader population; and
• To promote an integrated system of mental health services in collaboration with clients, families, service providers, and other stakeholders.
Our Core Values
- Social Justice
The equality of all individuals, fairness, individual rights, freedom of choice, and privacy.
- Self Determination
The rights of individuals to be involved in all choices that affect them.
Quality, consistency, continuous improvement and excellence in services and organization administration.
The development, encouragement and support of consumers and their families and of our staff and volunteers and leaders in support of our Mission.
- Individual and Collective Responsibility
To inform, educate and support our community in the understanding and prevention of mental illness, the reduction of stigma and the promotion of mental health.
- Inclusion and participation
The individuals for whom services are intended have the knowledge, experience and ability to contribute significantly to the development of the services, the process by which they are provided, and their outcomes.
- Organizational responsibility
CMHA offers a safe, nurturing and accessible environment that strives for excellence, appreciates diversity, and provides opportunity for development and personal growth. We recognize that our greatest resource is the people whom we serve, our staff and our volunteers.